Data Protection - Updated for the GDPR
This e-learning course emphasises the importance of processing information effectively, securely and according to set policies and procedures.
Learners will explore the different ways in which they process data through the course of their work and identify the reasons why it must be handled and managed correctly. They will also be given the opportunity to familiarise themselves with, and gain a better understanding of, the guidelines, policies and legal requirements in place which set out how information must be governed in their workplace.
The course is broken down in to 4 bite-sized units with the following titles:
- An Introduction to Information Governance
- The Legal Framework
- Maintaining Confidentiality
- Information Security and Communication Policy
On completion of this course learners will be able to:
- Protect the rights of clients/customers according to the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)
- Explain the purpose of organisational Confidentiality and Information Security policies and the consequences of failing to comply with them
- Explain and apply the terms 'confidential', 'personal' and 'sensitive' in relation to data
- Describe what is meant by 'processing data'
- Explain the Caldicott principles in relation to GDPR