Understanding the Role of the Personal Care Assistant
This e-learning course uses real-life case studies to give learners an insight into what a personal assistantâ€™s role is, how the recruitment and employment process works and the funding options available to people with learning disabilities.
The course explores what it means to have a close working relationship between PA and Client. It covers the importance of other support networks and their role in meeting the needs of the individual.
The course is broken down in to 3 bite-sized units with the following titles:
- What is a Personal Assistant?
- Funding and Personalisation
- Establishing Good Working Partnerships
On completion of this course learners will be able to:
- Define the role of a personal assistant
- List some key examples of a PAâ€™s responsibilities
- Explain why someone might want to employ a PA
- Describe how people go about employing a PA
- Access information about how to appoint a PA
- Describe ways in which they can help to improve working partnerships in their own work situations
... and lots more