End of Life Care (Fundamentals)
We hear all too often of cases where people have had to spend the final weeks or days of their lives away from family and friends, being denied the compassion, care and respect that they deserve. This End of Life Care course aims to introduce learners to the basic principles of end of life (palliative) care and emphasises the importance of providing person-centred support in ways that both protect and promote a personâ€™s dignity.
Learners will also explore how good communication between everyone in the support network and the individual is key to planning and delivering care which meets their needs and wishes. This course is popular with our professional carers and is also useful for informal carers and family members.
On completion of this course learners will be able to:
- Describe the basic principles of good end of life care
- Explain why person-centred approaches to care planning and delivery are most effective
- Explain why good communication skills are important
- Apply effective techniques for providing practical and personal care
- Describe how they can provide support in the final days and after death