Equality and Diversity - The Fundamentals
The purpose of the course is to emphasize the importance of promoting equality and diversity in all aspects of life. It is often used as part of a suite of induction or mandatory training for employees.
On completion of this course learners will be able to:
- Apply the key term 'equality' and 'diversity' in the work place and other areas of life
- Identify the nine 'protected characteristics' covered by the Equality Act 2010
- Explain the meaning of 'prejudice' and understand how stereotyping can lead to self-fulfilling prophecies
- List the benefits of a diversity-friendly work environment
- Apply good practice and promote equality and diversity