Equality and Diversity (Fundamentals)
The purpose of the course is to emphasize the importance of promoting equality and diversity in all aspects of life. It is often used as part of a suite of induction or mandatory training for employees.
On completion of this course learners will be able to:
- Apply the key term 'equality' and 'diversity' in the work place and other areas of life
- Identify the nine 'protected characteristics' covered by the Equality Act 2010
- Explain the meaning of 'prejudice' and understand how stereotyping can lead to self-fulfilling prophecies
- List the benefits of a diversity-friendly work environment
- Apply good practice and promote equality and diversity