Food Hygiene and Safety
This Food Hygiene course comprises five easy-to-follow study units. This is a very popular course which is used widely across the hospitality and care sectors. It is equivalent to the levels 2/3 Food Hygiene Certificate. Learners gain a comprehensive overview covering information, advice and guidance on all the fundamental aspects of food hygiene. Key topics include food contamination, principles of food storage and relevant legislation.
The course is broken down into 5 bite-sized units with the following titles:
- Introduction to Food Hygiene and Safety
- Food-Bourne Illnesses
- Understanding Food Law
- Storing and Cooking
On completion of this course learners will be able to:
- Give examples of how food can be spoiled or contaminated and the consequent risks
- Identify common causes of cross-contamination and the implications of this
- Thaw, cook, cool and reheat food in accordance with good practice
- Describe the key elements of excellence in food hygiene
- Explain the meaning of the terms 'food hygiene' and 'food safety'
- Identify the causes of cross-contamination and effective methods of prevention