The term 'Forensic' used in this context refers to anything associated with the legal process. This e-learning course is aimed at people who work in secure settings and looks at why people are detained and the legal processes relating to the Mental Health Act and other court procedures. It will help you to understand why risk assessment and management are key to the safety of all concerned. Learners will be able to apply key principles with the help of case studies and the interactive quizzes.
The course is broken down in to 2 bite-sized units with the following titles:
- Forensic Health Provision
- Case Studies and Worksheets
On completion of this course learners will be able to:
- Explain what is meant by 'Forensic Health' provision
- Identify why and how someone may be detained or sectioned
- Explain the importance of assessing and managing risk in a forensic setting
- Describe how people are assessed in custody and during the legal process
- Describe how risk assessment and setting targets can be applied in forensic situations
- Explain the importance of monitoring and assisting progress for people in detention
- Monitor their own performance at work on an ongoing basis.