Health & Safety inc. COSHH
This e-learning course encourages learners to explore their own attitudes to risk and references real life accidents from the past that have revealed the human, moral and legal consequences of not applying good health and safety principles.
As they progress through the course learners will understand who is responsible for their own health and safety as well as that of their colleagues and visitors to their workplace. A dedicated unit on the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) is included providing information on identifying, handling and storing hazardous substances safely. It is often used as part of a suite of induction or mandatory training for employees.
The course is broken down in to 3 bite-sized units with the following titles:
- Introduction to Health and Safety
- Safety at Work
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
On completion of this course learners will be able to:
- Describe the control measures for minimising the risk of exposure to hazardous substances
- The different ways people can be exposed to hazardous substances
- The five key steps of a risk assessment
- The human, economic and legal costs of accidents
- Personal safety and security