Preventing Slips, Trips and Falls in the Workplace
Slips, trips and falls are the most common form of workplace injury in the UK, which is why this course forms part of the mandated learning requirement in many organisations. The course is suitable for inclusion with induction and periodic health and safety updates. The material highlights the health and safety responsibilities of organisations, employers and individuals, demonstrates the process of creating and recording risk assessments, and ultimately helps to prevent slips, trips and falls in the workplace.
On completion of this course learners will be able to:
- Examine facts and figures relating to accidents in the workplace caused by slips, trips and falls
- Perform a workplace risk assessment and record their findings
- Explain the need for identifying person-specific risk factors in some work environments
- Describe their own responsibilities and those of their employer, in relation to the prevention of slips, trips and falls
- Manage and control workplace risk factors to prevent harm from slips, trips and falls