Have you signed up?
Support the transition from primary to secondary school
Sign up for the Resilience for Life Challenge to provide engaging resources to help children to become more resilient and prepare them and their families for the transition to secondary school.
The Resilience for Life Challenge
Children aged 7 – 12 years take a 7 week programme to improve their personal resilience and prepare for secondary school and beyond.
This unique programme will:
- Address the anxieties and challenges facing children moving up to secondary school
- Ensure all children are aware of how to keep safe online
- Engage children in developing their own life-long personal resilience
- Deliver fun challenges along the way
- Engage parents in promoting resilience and wellbeing for the whole family
- Reward children for demonstrating resilience and completing the programme.
Children gain a clear understanding of what it means to be resilient.
All participants will complete a series of challenges including:
- Classroom and home-based activities and games designed to promote resilience
- Online learning modules on developing personal resilience and online safety
- Keeping a Resilience Journal.
Children will receive goodies along the way and be awarded certificates of achievement on completion of the programme.
What’s in it for participating clubs?
Embrace Resilience work with breakfast/after school and holiday clubs across the borough.
We provide the complete package. Everything you need to deliver the programme to the families you serve.
A unique offering to families
Clubs will offer a unique programme of learning for parents who want their children to become healthier, stronger and happier.
Provide added value and generate revenue
Parents will pay the club a fee of £10 a week for their child to undertake the 7 week Resilience for Life programme. All resources are provided by Embrace Resilience.
Here’s How It Works
All centres / clubs register interest in applying to deliver the Challenge programme. Centres provide supervision, monitoring and issue certificates as targets are achieved by the child.
All resources are provided by embraceresilience.com. Some resources will need to be downloaded and printed by the centre.
Clubs charge parents a fixed fee for the 7 week programme.
Participating clubs are presented with an attractive wall plaque with their logo, demonstrating their commitment to promoting the Resilience for Life Challenge.
Each pupil will receive Bronze, Silver and Gold Certificates associated with the programme.
To register interest to take part in the Resilience for Life Challenge.