This course is designed to help adults promote an understanding of what it means to be resilient within the family. Being a parent can be the most challenging, complicated and rewarding experience you will ever have. The main focus of this course is to look at ways in which parents can help their children understand what it means to be resilient and to apply that learning to every day experience. Parents should complete at least one of the other courses on mental health, resilience and wellbeing before taking this course. This will help you to focus on developing your own health and resilience as well as that of your children.
On completion of this course learners will be able to support children and other family members so they can:
- Understand the importance of making mistakes in learning
- Bounce back when things go wrong
- Better manage disappointments and difficulties
- Recognise and talk about their feelings
- Become braver, stronger individuals