Safeguarding Children Including EHA
A comprehensive course combining a legislative overview with day to day responsibilities for accurate information sharing, alerting and instigating early intervention. On completion learners will have a clear understanding of their role in relation to child protection.
Learning units cover essential information including child abuse, neglect, alerting, disclosure, assessing risk and information sharing; using scenarios and case studies to illustrate the key learning points.
The course is broken down into 5 bite-sized units with the following titles:
- Basic Principles
- What to Do
- Introduction to Early Help Assessment
- Sharing Information
- Case Studies
On completion of this course learners will be able to:
- Describe the principle types of child abuse and identify signs and symptoms
- Identify the underlying factors which increase the likelihood of abuse
- List the principle Acts providing the legal framework for child protection
- Give reasons for the difficulties in obtaining information from children
- Identify the particular vulnerability of children with additional needs
- Define 'alerting' and describe the role of the 'alerter'
- Advise a child in potential risk situations
and lots more ...