Supporting People with Cerebral Palsy
This e-learning course aims to increase awareness about cerebral palsy, its causes, effects and related health issues. By gaining a good understanding of the condition, learners will be better able to provide the kind of help and support they need. It is useful for professional carers as well as family members.
The course is broken down in to 3 bite-sized units with the following titles:
- What Is Cerebral Palsy and How Does It Affect People?
- Effective Methods of Support
- Helping People to Communicate
On completion of this course learners will be able to:
- Describe the different types of cerebral palsy
- List the secondary conditions and impairments that may be associated with cerebral palsy
- Define MDVI and suggest ways of helping and reassuring people with visual impairments
- Describe person-centred planning and outline its benefits
- Identify ways of helping people to communicate based on their capabilities
- Explain the importance of the legislation which protects and supports people with disabilities
... and lots more