Supporting People with Diabetes Mellitus
This e-learning course, Supporting People with Diabetes Mellitus, aims to raise awareness about diabetes types one and two, the symptoms, causes and the treatments available.
The course will help learners to understand the implications of having the condition and support people in their care with the practical help and guidance they need.
The course is broken down in to 2 bite-sized units with the following titles:
- Understanding Diabetes Mellitus
- Complications and Health Issues
On completion of this course learners will be able to:
- Explain what diabetes is and differentiate between types one and two
- List some of the causes of diabetes as well as common symptoms
- Describe in broad terms how our bodies should produce insulin and what purpose it serves
- Identify some of the treatments available for both types of diabetes
- Explain how they could support someone with diabetes to eat and live more healthily
- Explain what is meant by a normal blood sugar level
- Describe ways of supporting people who experience complications such as hypoglycaemia or hyperglycaemia
... and lots more